Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Exciting Weekend

Friday - We had our hooding ceremony at the pharmacy school. This was the pharmacy school's imporant ceremony where we got hooded (hence the name), received awards, etc. It was a nice ceremony, and marked the end of pharmacy school for me since I didn't walk at Graduation on Saturday. Then Friday evening we had a party to celebrate my graduation, Melissa's graduation from nursing school, and the million May birthdays in the family. It was a wonderful time - good work Katie for organizing and putting it together. The highlight of the evening for me was eating a HUGE slice of cake (it was delicious!).



Saturday - I skipped out on the Shenandoah University Graduation. Woops! (i OFFICIALLY BECAME DR. NANCY LAMBERT MILLER, PHARMD TODAY THOUGH) Instead . . . I was supposed to have a yard sale with Katie & Stu and Heather & Stu Leake, but after putting most of the stuff out at 7am it started to rain, so we packed up and are going to try again June 7th! While they headed to breakfast, I headed to White Post, VA for an auction. I didn't get anything, but there was some nice stuff (like the 2.4mil farm that was for sale). That afternoon the family gathered for a graveside memorial for my Uncle Clif (my grandfather's brother-in-law). We then headed to the cabin for some good finger foods. That food wasn't enough for our family though, as we then headed for Mexican later that night. In the mean time, Brent is at a tractor pull in Maryland (where he got 3rd - not too bad!).

Sunday - Happy Mother's Day to Me! I had to work from 10-2 (not too bad), but got some good Mother's day gifts from Miss Kenz (flowers, purse, etc). After work we headed to Brent's sisters for a mother's day lunch, which was very nice. After that, we ate some more at French's (our every-other-week family meal). Timmy fixed a good meal (BBQ chicken, beans, maccaroni salad, etc) and we once again ate too much! Brent, Kenzie, and I then headed home for some much needed relaxation! A nice addition to Mother's Day was the card and pictures that I received from Mary-Hope in the mail yesterday. She sent me some pictures of when I was still pregnant - makes me miss it sometimes!

Monday (I know it isn't the weekend) - but it was my 24th birthday that we celebrated my going to Texas Roadhouse in Harrisonburg. I definitely ate too much, but it was WONDERFUL! It really helped that Kenzie was in a great mood too!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hey...I'm still waiting on your pictures!!