Saturday, September 26, 2009
35 Weeks
I went to the doctor yesterday for my check-up, and got a little bit of a crazy report! I have been suffering from itching since last Thursday. At first I thought it was poison ivy (which part of it is), but it kept getting worse and now I itch all over - and nothing helps it! I have tried three different topical creams/lotions, benadryl, and am now on a steroid pack - but that isn't cutting it! At my appointment by blood pressure was slightly elevated, I had a large weight gain, and there was sugar in my urine - all of which the doctor thinks is related to the steroid (which is good). But, because of the unexplained itching and no rash at places, I had to have some blood work to check for cholestasis of pregnancy. It is a condition where bile doesn't flow normally through your liver and causes the bile salts to accumulate in your skin - causing you to itch all over! It can potentially be harmful, so if I do have this condition I will more than likely be induced before my due date! We'll see though, I should have the results back on Monday or Tuesday. In the meantime, I will continue to itch and scratch. I got my first flu shot though - now it is just waiting for the H1N1 shot! Next appointment: Thursday 10/1 for check-up and non-stress test!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nancy!! how is all that going? are you still itching? I'm thinking about you!
Post a Comment