Sunday, September 7, 2008

Kenzie Goes to the Fair

This post is a little behind, but it has been busy around here!!

Kenzie attended her first every Shenandoah County Fair this year. The fair is my favorite time of the year (Brent hates it) it this year was the 91st year. Our week went like this . . .

Friday - Bull Riding, which we sold our tickets for because Kenzie was fussy, but we took in fair food for sure - I think it was a gut buster for me. Sounds gross, but wonderful - it is a cheeseburger with country ham on it! Yum!

Saturday - Tractor pull. Kenzie and I were ready to cheer daddy on - but he didn't do so hot. A piece of rubber was sucked into his turbo and messed things all up!

Sunday - Little Big Town concert. Not the best concert, good songs but a little slow. Kenzie slept through it, yes slept through it.

Monday - Brent and I took in the Derby while Kenzie walked around the fair with my parents. We love the derby, and once again had front row seats to take in the action. Unfortunately a car caught on fire that night and the boy was badly burned. We hope he is doing well now!

Tuesday - MORE DERBY!

Wednesday - Rodney Adkins. This was my favorite concert of the week, as he puts on a good show and interacts with the crowd. Kenzie slept!

Thursday - Billy Curington. Pretty good concert, except the sound people didn't know what they were doing and he was hard to understand. Kenzie slept!

Friday - Foreigner. I wasn't going to go to this concert, but Kenzie was fussy, so I went in to put her to sleep. That's right, I went INTO a concert to put my daughter to sleep - strange!

Saturday - BMX Motorcross. This was pretty cool, but after the same jump 15 times it got a little old. I only wanted to see them flip, which they did, and it was great!


It was a great week at the fair, as always, and I can't wait until next year!

No comments: