To start the day off, I had to go to court. Yes, court. A couple months back a woman comes in to the pharmacy and hands me a prescription and said "sorry it got a little wet" (first red flag). As I am looking at the prescription, you could clearly tell it was forged. The patient had changed the name on it and it looked fraudulent in other ways, so we called the doctor's office and they said that the prescription is most definitely forged and she had also just tried to use it at another pharmacy (the doctors office told them the same thing) but they gave it back to her and she brought it to me. Mistake. Without questioning the patient, I just called the police. After about an hour of questioning and phone calls and lies, they took her to jail. Well, I got a subpoena. Lucky me. Why couldn't she just plea and be done with it. So after arriving to court at 9:15, I sit there for an hour, and then see the defendent get up and leave after talking with her lawyer. I few minutes later the officer tells me that the came to an agreement and I am no longer needed - thanks, what a waste of my time! Stupid people! I did get to see some interesting people in court while I was there though, so at least it wasn't a total waste!
Then later today I find out that they are closing the family birthing center at our local hospital (where Kenzie was born and where I WAS set to deliver #2). Yep, closing it. Supposedly there are not enough people having babies (doctors office is always full when I go), so they are shutting it down. We can continue to see our doctors here in Woodstock if we choose, but will have to deliver at Warren Memorial. Not sure how I feel about that. I spoke to one of my nurses today though and she said that the doctors here will be delivering there, but we will also have to see some of the doctors from there. Not sure how I feel about that. I also don't want to have to start going to another practice halfway through my pregnancy and not see all the doctors there b/c there isn't enough time. I'm so confused! I am still praying that for some reason it will remain open and #2 will be born in ShenCo too! AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2 comments:
No way! I can't believe they are closing Shenandoah delivery center!
I had someone try to pull the same "it got wet" scam just Monday...he tried to change the 10 to a 20 and denied every bit of it but too bad for him I am not supid :)
Post a Comment