Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sorry it has been so long . . .

First, I apologize for not posting in almost a month! This spring/summer has been so busy and is flying by! Both girls are doing great and are getting so big! Here is a quick update on what is going on with them!

Kenzie - although she is a GREAT girl, we are definitely in the Terrible Twos and if she doesn't get her way she is sure to tell you about it! She is still a great eater and especially loves this time of year when she can eat all the berries she wants! We have started the whole "potty training" thing and are slowly getting the hang of it. She poops in the potty most of the time now and likes to call Katie and Stu and tell them when she does (sorry guys!) but we don't quite have peeing down yet - although she tells me when she is going in her pull-up! She is currently into playing outside (all the time), going to tractor pulls (yay!...), bubbles, and being with her daddy. She has become Brent's little side kick and likes to go with him everywhere now! I have to so she is an awesome little one with quite the personality!

Maggie - the little miss will be 8 months old on Saturday, where has the time gone? She is almost ready to crawl, although she isn't a big fan of being on her tummy while awake so she just leans over from the sitting position. I actually think she may being pulling up and walking before long and may possible "skip" the crawling stage, we'll see! She is still a great sleeper and nurser and is such a happy baby! She is definitely a mommy's girl and doesn't quite like anyone holding her but mommy when I'm around. We're working on that. . . She too has a great appetite and has just discovered puffs. I am also kind of over the baby food thing with her and tonight she actually had homemade chicken potpie and rasberry cobbler - none of which I mashed up, and she loved it! I believe that Mags is going to be much more laid back and relaxed than Kenz, and is such a happy baby!

Brent - We don't see a whole lot of Brent this time of year, because of tractor pulls and it is one of his busy times of the year! He is doing well with his tractor pulls though and is currently 5th or 6th in points I think. He has one tomorrow in Kempton, PA; Ruckersville, VA Friday; and here in Woodstock on Saturday so hopefully the results will be good!

Me - not much new here. Work, work, work and spending my off days hanging with the girls. I am still doing Weight Watchers and have now lost 21 pounds in 12 weeks. I feel great and am smaller now then before we got married. I can wear clothes that I haven't worn in years - I get a whole new wardrobe without having to spend money! I will have to say that I don't think I would be so successful if I wasn't breastfeeding while doing it - it totally helps!

Well, sorry if this was so long, but it has been forever! Enjoy the pics of the girls!


No comments: