We just got back from a wonderful family beach trip where we ventured down to North Topsail Island, NC. We had never been here before, but it was wonderful! We had a stayed in a house with my parents, my aunt and uncle and their 4 kids, and our cousin French. We had a blast and the girls once again loved the beach! Kenzie couldn't get enough of it and thankfully Maggie liked it just as much. Maggie was happy eating/sniffing/smearing/whatever else you can do with sand for about an hour and was then ready for a nap. After taking her on a little stroll to the pier, she would sleep about 2 hours every morning - nice! Kenzie's favorite part of the trip was probably the tidal pools, which were great for the girls because the could get in the ocean without waves. The weather was beautiful all week, the water was great, and we couldn't have asked for better company. Topsail is the best beach to find shark's teeth, and we found hundreds. It was great to watch the boys (and mom and Uncle Steve) search for hours for them. Other than hanging out the beach (which we mostly did) we went to Wilmington for the day, played a little putt putt golf, and went to Dr. Rootbeer's Hall of Foam. We mostly cooked in the evenings and had some great steak (thanks hon!), an awesome Low Country Boil, and some excellent crabs and scallops (they were delicious Aunt Abby!). Uncle Steve cooked some awesome breakfasts and I am surprised I didn't gain more than I did last week! We ate at some great restaruants too that I would highly recommend - Rick's (a sports bar/grill), Daddy Mac's (where they have the most awesome mixed drink called Captain Loco and where Brent ate the $36 dollar special and said it was worth every penny), and last but definitely not least, Hardee's! I know, I get excited over the littlest things (right, Katie?) but I could live at Hardee's. Literally. The only good thing about not having one is Woodstock anymore is that Brent said I wouldn't have lost all of the weight that I have! Probably true! We had an excellent family vacation and the girls had a great time - which is all that matters! I would definitely recommend Topsail Island - especially for those families with young kids!


No comments:
Post a Comment