Wednesday - we left around 8am and traveled until we stopped in Bristol for lunch, where we got Kenzie out and let her play a bit before getting back in for another 2 hours. Since we were going to be early for check-in in our cabin, we stopped at Bass Pro Shop (the boys loved that) and a few other shops off I-40 before heading to Gatlinburg. We arrived at our cabin late afternoon and it was NICE! Mom called dibs on the bedroom on the main floor because she didn't want to walk up steps, which meant that Brent and I got the bedroom upstairs with the King size bed and jacuzzi tub (SWEET), and Dave stayed downstairs. After unpacking, lounging a bit, and letting Kenzie roll around on the floor - we headed into downtown Gatlinburg to walk around and eat a late dinner. It is a cute town, and it is nice to be able to just walk the streets and not have to drive around. We then headed home for some air hockey and pool! (BTW - my brother was the ultimate air hockey player this weekend only losing 1 game out of twenty something, but I WAS THE ONLY ONE TO BEAT HIM - WOOHOO!!)




Thursday - we were going to go to Dollywood, but they were calling for rain, so we took a 2 hour drive (one way) into the Smokey's to hike and stop at the Cherokee reservation in Cherokee, NC. Let me just say NOT my idea of fun. Now, I liked the hike (except for the poison I now have all over me) but I get extremely car sick and was not liking the ride. Below is a picture of the waterfall we hiked to. We ate lunch at the cute town there and then mom and I headed back to the cabin while the boys stopped at a "farm" or something! When the boys returned, mom and I headed to the outlets for some shopping, and I got some good deals! It was pretty much all for Kenzie, but that is ok. That evening it was a late dinner, more air hockey, pool, and the hot tub!


Friday - we got up early and ate breakfast at a Smorgshboard (not as good as Shady Maple in Lancaster, but still good). We then headed over to Dollywood and spent most of the day there taking it all in and riding some water rides. Miss Kenz rode her first ride too - the hobby horses, and liked it I think. Kenzie was a PERFECT girl all day! After that we headed back out towards I-40 so the guys could go to a Knife Works store (Kenzie and I stayed in the car and slept). Funny thing - I was just flipping the channels and there was an infomercial - "Live from Smoky Mountain Knife Works" (They seriously put that on TV, and people watch it?) That night we were off to the Dixie Stampede - we have all been before, but we still enjoyed it! Kenzie wasn't so sure at first, but learned to like it!


Saturday - we packed up and left the cabin and headed to Clinton, TN (just north of Knoxville) to the Museum of the Appalachia - very interesting! We had been there about 10 years ago, but they have added a lot of new exhibits! It is crazy that people still live that way! The small cabin below is where a man lived until he died in 1989. It had a bed and small stove - that is about it! We got home Saturday evening around 8:30 and were up for awhile that evening since Miss Kenz slept the whole day! That's ok - she was great this trip!

It was back to work today . . . We are starting to think about next year's family vacation and I am going to plan a Millson French family beach outing, but Brent isn't so sure about it . . . He HATES the beach!
No comments:
Post a Comment