It has not been a fun last couple of days for me around here - I have been complaining of back pain for quite awhile now, just thinking it was because I was getting further along in the pregnancy and HUGE - but I woke up Sunday morning with horrible pains/cramps. Brent and Kenzie were going to head off to church while I rested, but then Brent insisted that I go to the hospital. So, after dropping K off with my parents, we made the L O N G E S T trip ever to Warren Memorial (any trip longer than me going to SMH was long). After being admitted and a urinalysis that showed "yucky stuff" as the nurse referred to it - it was decided that I had kidney stones (yay!) Everything with the baby was great, which was a relief! It was the longest afternoon/night, but after 6 liters of fluid and lots of pain killers, I think one passed because I was no longer in pain, and was able to go to the bathroom! I was discharged Monday morning and instructed to drink as much water as possible - I think if I was drinking any more at this point I would float away! I will have to agree with all of those others out there who have had kindey stones and said that they were almost as bad as labor because it was! I don't wish them on anyone!
On another note . . . I had my 28 week appointment on Tuesday and while everything looked good with #2, I still have red blood cells in my urine (because of the stones), so I go back in a week! I am still having back pain and am hoping it is just because of the baby and not more stones! I don't want to be back in the hospital until #2 is ready to arrive!
No comments:
Post a Comment